The Shade Under the Mango Tree by Evy Journey



Where do I even begin with this book?
With the first  few pages, I was unsure with how I was going to be able to get through this book, but I quickly learned it’s not at all what it seemed it would be and I began to quickly fly through it.

While reading, I couldn’t help but think about my own family, especially my grandmother, and all the things we shared and the stories she told. Makes me wish that I would have asked more, learned more, or had kept a notebook with the stories about her life, recipies and traditions.

Which for Luna, she did. 

Luna, the main character, began keeping a journal when she was young, off and on, and into adulthood. Even though she was not consistent in her entries, she captured things that meant something to her at that time. 

Little did she know, after forgetting her journal at a cafe, the impact she would have on a complete stranger which believe it or not, she later meets at a bookstore and forms a long-lasting friendship that carries her through the good times and the struggles that life typically throws at you.

This is a story that takes you on a journey built upon strong family ties, losses, and new beginnings and friendships that come to light when being faced with life’s tragedies. 

It’s a heartwarming story that pulls at the heartstrings and makes you yearn for the people in your life, past and present, who mean the most to you.

IRead Book Tours / Acorn Book Services

Comments

  1. This is a different cover than I have seen before. This sounds like a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing! I'm adding this to my tbr!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝘼𝙘𝙖𝙙𝙚𝙢𝙮 𝙎𝙖𝙜𝙖 𝙗𝙮 𝘾𝙅 𝘿𝙖𝙡𝙮

WHAT’S NOT TRUE by Valerie Taylor